Backup and restoration of all Active Directory objects. Restore entire objects or just specific attributes.
Active Directory user backup and recovery tool
In an Active Directory environment, user objects are the basic building blocks. From time to time, administrators accidentally delete active AD users while managing the AD environment. Those deleted users find themselves stranded and powerless to carry on with their work. The need to restore them takes high priority. A recovery operation that will restore all attributes of the deleted users is vital for them to be productive again.
RecoveryManager Plus is a web-based Active Directory backup tool that will let you backup all user data, and restore them instantly if they are deleted. A plethora of features, and an easy-to-use, uncluttered user interface makes it a complete backup and recovery software, eliminating the need for complex PowerShell scripting.
Highlights of RecoveryManager Plus:
The following features of RecoveryManager Plus makes it an ideal Active Directory backup tool, vital to any organization.
- Restore Deleted Users: Restore deleted user accounts to their last known state, or to any of their previous versions with ease. Get a preview of the value that you are about to restore before initiating a restoration and prevent restoring unwanted attribute values.
- Attribute Level Restore: This feature of RecoveryManager Plus lets you perform restoration of specific attributes of modified objects. Each change made to an object is stored as an incremental backup which makes it possible to restore individual attributes.
- User Group Membership Restore: Modification made to group membership data can be easily restored using RecoveryManager Plus. This makes sure that all security permissions and rights provided to users through security groups are restored immediately. When deleted users are restored, their group memberships are also restored, thereby enabling them to be productive immediately after restoration.
- Users' Exchange Attributes Restore: RecoveryManager Plus allows you to track and query changes made to mailbox users. Backup and restore users' Exchange attributes such as email addresses, mailbox features, and settings, either partially or completely based on your need. You can also automate the process of backing up Exchange attributes through schedulers.
- User Account Password Recovery: The last set password of the user is also recovered when a deleted user is restored. This allows users to log on to their systems immediately after recovery and eliminates the time wasted on resetting passwords.
- Linked Attributes Recovery: Restore linked attributes of users like groups of which the user was a member, list of direct reports/manager of the user, and the list of objects managed by the user (managedObjects attribute) using this tool.
- Restore Security Permissions: Security permissions and authorizations assigned to users can be restored within a few seconds if any modifications on them have been detected. Undelete deleted users with all their security permissions reinstated along with all other attributes.
- Rollback User Objects: Rollback user objects to a previous point in time and undo all modifications made to the user object after that time. For each backup made to a user object, a rollback point is created. You can rollback user objects to any of the available rollback points and undo all modifications made after that rollback point.
- Change Management: All changes made to each user object are stored as differential backups. This allows you to reverse any particular attribute change that you deem unnecessary. You can even undo operation like user creation, user deletion, and user modification.
- Version Management and Comparison: Each change made to an object is stored as a different version in the backup. During restoration, the tool gives you the option of comparing each version, and selecting the version of the object to which you want to restore the object.
- Restart Free Recovery: When using RecoveryManager Plus, you do not have to restart your domain controllers when you recover deleted users from Windows 2008, or 2012 servers. This ensures continuous availability of all domain controllers across the domain.